We know you want the best for your child, and so do we.
Teeth Cleaning for Kids in Las Vegas
Dental health for kids is about more than just beautiful teeth. The condition of their teeth continuously affects their whole body health. That’s why it is important for parents to encourage their little ones to brush and floss their teeth. They should also schedule a recurring exam and teeth cleaning at our pediatric dentistry in the Centennial Hills area of Las Vegas.
Why Are Preventative Visits Important?
Your child’s smile will affect their comfort and their self-esteem. Toothache, tooth loss, and crookedness could all negatively impact your child’s life. On the other hand, a vibrant, healthy smile can give them comfort and confidence!
During your child’s checkup at our pediatric dentistry, Dr. Dhillon and his team will complete a full oral exam, looking for signs of:
- Gum disease
- Chips and fractures
- Worn down enamel
- Bite problems
Dental health for kids is important because minor health problems can worsen, and even affect your child’s systemic health down the road. Poor oral health is linked to diabetes, heart disease, and dementia. Fortunately, it’s easy to maintain a healthy smile with regular preventative care.
Does my Child Need a Checkup Even if they have Healthy Teeth?
Your child’s teeth and gums are changing quickly. Thumb sucking, a sugary diet, and failure to brush or floss leave children vulnerable to decay and other issues.
If your child visits their pediatric dentistry just twice a year, there’s a good chance the dental professionals will be able to detect decay and disease before it escalates. Remember that some cavities are too small to detect with the naked eye, but can be seen with x-rays and other diagnostic technology. By treating the cary early, your child may be avoiding a root canal or tooth extraction down the road.
What Should We Expect During a Routine Appointment?
- Dentistry for kids is all about the experience! We will make your child feel right at home. He or she will be greeted by friendly faces who care about them and want to get to know them.
- We will provide patient amenities and entertainment to keep your child happy. Nitrous oxide is also an option for especially anxious patients.
- Dr. Dhillon will look closely at your child’s teeth and check them for any problems such as plaque or cavities.
- Our professionals will perform a gentle teeth cleaning to remove plaque buildup from the teeth. After the teeth cleaning, we may provide a fluoride treatment.
- If there are any concerns, we will develop a treatment plan that suits your needs and your budget. Your child will leave with a new and improved smile!
We are accepting new patients and most PPO insurances. To schedule your child’s protective checkup and cleaning, give us a call at Just for Kids Dentistry in Las Vegas today!